Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Lots of randomness!

The past two days have been so crazy. Life has slowed down somewhat, but I need to get in gear on some baby stuff. The nursery is SO not ready. The problem is that I have no motivation to do it. I have a new cute dresser, but have not put any clothes in it. I got the antique looking daybed out of there, but still need a mattress for the bed I am using. I am still waiting on the blanket chest that I ordered to come in. I keep telling myself that as soon as that comes in I will get busy, but I'm not sure that I will. It's just lots of little things that add up to one giant mess of a room. I only have 11 days left to do it!!!

To top it all off, my sleeping patterns are a little out of whack. Last night I will chalk it up to the fact that at one point both girls were in our bed. I think that was from about 3:00-5:00 am. Taylor slept with us the whole night because she was scared of the noises the dishwasher was making. I told her it was just the dishwasher. She explained to me that she wasn't afraid of the dishwasher, just the noises it was making. Ava woke up around 3:00 just crying and saying "Mommy, I need to snuggle you." So, of course I went and got her and put her in bed with me. It's hard enough to sleep with an enormous belly! I wake up every time I turn over. And then when Ava starts flailing around and kicking me in the head, I put her back in her bed. We have to go through our usual bedtime routine again even though it's 5:00 am. She doesn't know the difference though. Some days I am wide awake at 6:30 and other days I can not even open my eyes until 9:00. It's terrible, I feel like the worst mom, because Taylor practically gets herself ready for school. Alan gets up and dries her hair and takes her to school. I just wake up every ten minutes and check to see if she's brushed her teeth and has her school bag ready. But getting out of bed seems like an absolute impossibility. I usually want a nap around 4:00 pm and around 8:30 pm I get this second wind and I find myself cleaning the kitchen and trying to get caught up on laundry all while putting the girls to bed. There is no rhyme or reason to it all. I think God is just trying to get me ready for the new baby, because Lord knows any normal sleeping patterns will be out the window!!!

Tomorrow my plans include a little bit of work to wrap things up before I take maternity leave, a pedicure (hopefully!), and getting Taylor's costume for Halloween. Taylor has quite the social calendar these days. She stays busier than the rest of us it seems like. We just found out her grandfather just moved back to Lubbock, so he wants to take her to dinner tomorrow night. Her grandmother wants to see her at least once a week, which is fun for Taylor because she gets to go see her horse when she's with her Mimi.

One final random thought. I thought I would share a funny story that happened to me a few weeks back. My hubby got me a "Pea in the Pod" massage from this new day spa called "The Woodhouse." It was a really nice place. Too fancy for me, but it was still a fun treat. I went in and they got me a robe and slippers and showed me where to change and a locker to keep my stuff in during the massage. Then she told me to go through this door once I was changed. So I got my robe on, locked up my stuff, and went through the door. It was this fancy room with super rich wood and furniture and this fireplace. The lady brought me some water in a fancy glass and told me that my masseuse would be in to get me in a moment. I was the only one in the room, so I chilled by the fireplace, sipped my water and relaxed. The girl came in and took me to the massage room. It was just a normal massage. It was nice and relaxing. When she was done, she told me I could put my robe back on and go back to the "Quiet Room." I assumed the quiet room was the room I had been in before. So, I got up, put the robe on and opened the door to the "Quiet Room." Well, this time there was this older, bearded guy sitting by the fire, reading a thick, leather, hardback book, drinking a glass of wine....also in the spa issued robe and slippers. All he was missing was a pipe. It was the most awkward moment. I sat in the chair the furthest away from him. I started to realize that the girl did not give me any further instructions. Was I supposed to wait in here for something? Was she coming back to get me? Was someone going to come get this guy? The awkwardness went on for about five minutes and I realized that no one was coming for me. He showed no sign of leaving any time soon. He was just enjoying his wine and his book and the fire. I got up and went back to the bathroom/locker room. I got my stuff, quickly changed and got out of there!!! It was such a weird experience. The old guy never made eye contact with me, but it was still a little creepy being in our spa robes chilling in the "quiet room" together.

3 comments:

The Louders said...

Oh gosh, this was a great start for the day. Haha, I can just see your girls trying to snuggle with you in bed, soon there'll be one more! :) Yeah, the Lord must be preparing you, I'm so impressed, you're #1 Mom for sure!
And the "quiet room" robe scene...oh gosh, I can just imagine. Haha, oh my.
Hey, tell me what I can do to help ya...next week, I can do whatever, even if ya just need me to hang out with Ava all day...sounds fun to me! Or I can even fill up drawers, I think I could do an okay job. :) I bet it would help if I came and got that bed out of your way...I'm coming!

Anonymous said...

Oh Les, how do you find yourself in such funny situations. You make me laugh.

Let me know what I can do to help you. This is such a crazy time, and I would be more than happy to take the girls or just come over and help organize the room. We can't wait for Molly Kate!!!!

Kristi said...

How funny! Jeremy actually finished out the Woodhouse and has treated me to a couple of facials.
They definately pamper you there!
I can totally picture it.That would be awkward in your robe with a weird guy!