Sunday, October 5, 2008

Things I like

I just read my sister's blog and I am reminded of how incredibly smart she is and how incredibly shallow and lazy I enjoy being at times! Paige gave a very long list of book recommendations that she has read over the last few months and I realized I haven't read anything recreational but a baby name book, a few magazines, and I finished an entire Kakuro puzzle book. I can't even make my own list of recommendations, because I don't really know if I recommend these things, they just happen to be the mindless things that I enjoy at the end of the day when I am exhausted and want to completely "veg" out.
#1- Kakuro. I am a total nerd on this one. I got a Kakuro book at Barnes and Noble a few months ago and just finished the entire book (150 puzzles). It was the green belt book, so now I feel prepared for the next level, brown belt. That's right...brown belt! If you don't know what Kakuro is, look it up. It's fun.
#2- A few shows I like to watch on TV. During the day, my TV watching consists of the same Backyardigans DVD mixed in with Veggie Tales from time to time. So the only time I get to watch TV for myself is at night after the girls are in bed. I pull up the DVR list and pick from my recorded favorites. These include (in no particular order) The Office (ok, this is definitely #1), Project Runway, The Soup, Top Design, and I think that's about it right now.
#3- reading blogs. This is my new favorite computer pasttime. I'm kind of over myspace. I enjoy facebook, but not quite as much as the blogs. I have some great ones of my friends right on my blog page, so check some of them out!

Ok, so those are my current "recommendations." Pretty lame I know. Maybe I should start reading more. I want to read "The Shack" but haven't picked it up yet. Any thoughts on this book? I've just heard a lot about it.

8 comments:

Denae said...

Way to go on the Kakuro! I've never heard of it, but sounds like something I would like.

I watch all your same shows except Top Design and plus The Hills (why do I watch it? I do not know.) Chris and I both enjoy The Soup...but it seems to have gotten a little rauncy recently and I've been scared to watch it. But it is oh so funny.

I am going to try to read The Shack this week, but I never have time to read either so we'll see how that goes!

Embracing Grace said...

haha. thats great les. i think it is great that you and paige are different! I haven't read the shack yet but I want to. I heard that you either love it or hate it...love you

Paige Allen said...

You are definitely NOT shallow. I've always loved to read - remember, mom and dad grounded me from my books? Such a nerd I am!

And I do watch plenty of TV...thanks for always making me smile!

Oh, and I haven't read the shack. Sometimes I'm a book snob and I purposely refuse to read what everyone is reading right now...I should pick it up...we'll see!

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

My name is Jenn...I like to dance!

LOVE that Paige got grounded from books! And totally share her opinion on The Shack.

ANd Leslie....why did we not hang out and watch tv all day everyday together?? None of my friends get my love for The Soup...or understand my countless references to it on a daily basis!
I don't have cable or a dvr right now...but am currently rearranging my budget and willing to shell out large amounts of cash for The Soup and Project Runway.
And The Hills...but I don't like to admit that.


she drives a PT Cwooser...a PR cwooser

CONNIE said...

I'm like you, not a great reader. I like to experience life more than read about it! I can fully recommend "The Shack". It really makes you feel like you know God better when you finish it. I had to read it because Jeff called nearly every day to see if I read it yet, it had a great impact on his life. It's worth getting in before the baby comes!

Sarah said...

The Shack is a good read but not life changing in my opinion like some of the reviews say it is. I think it is good but at the same times I didn't like alot of it. Don't know if that makes alot of sense. haha! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

love the office! project runway was a let down this season- dontcha think?