Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Letters to people at Wal-Mart

Dear checker,
I want to commend you. I truly believe you are the greatest employee I have ever encountered at Wal-Mart. I have come to your line many times before. Sometimes I will even wait a little longer in your line, because you are so pleasant!! My only comment would be to fix your name tag. I believe your name is Jahava, but the letters are a little faded and crooked and I can't quite tell if that's right. Plus, I've never heard the name Jahava, so I'm wondering if this is correct. Either way, you are fantastic! You know every number on every piece of produce. Most of the other checkers always have to revert to the "cheat sheet." I understand that there are a lot of numbers to memorize, but bananas, seriously??? If you can't remember the four digit code for bananas, we have bigger problems! Doesn't like every single shopper purchase bananas? But you Jahava, you knew the code for flowery kale! I am impressed. Kudos to you on your checking skills. And your bagging!!! You actually understand that I put things on the counter in a certain order and you bag things so they make sense. You do not put canned goods in the same bag as the loaf of bread! (This has happened to me before, bread on the bottom.) You keep frozen things together and boxed things together. This makes my grocery put up so much smoother. So my hat is off to you! Thanks for doing a superb job!

Satisfied customer,
Leslie


Dear kid at the lobster tank,
Please do not pretend you are also a lobster and pinch my kids when they come over to check out the lobsters. It is hard enough to avoid a break down in Wal-Mart with a two year old without you clawing her!

Keep your pinchers to yourself please,
Mad Mommy


Dear lady with the two carts,
I'm not even sure where to begin. Are you buying for two separate households? Are you trying to keep your refrigerated items separate from your non-refrigerated items? I do not understand your method. Maybe this stands out to me because I personally witnessed you knock over a Fruit Roll-Up display after nearly taking out the Halloween candy aisle. Seems like one basket might be best next time.


Dear guy at the door with the petition,
When a pregnant lady with two kids and a fully loaded basket are trying to get out the door, please do not block the exit and ask me if I'm a registered voter and if I would like to sign a petition about alcohol sales in Lubbock. Personally, I think Wal-Mart is a crazy enough place without an entire alcohol section! I'm just thinking of my shopping sanity at this point! I don't need you to continue to pressure me and give me your speech after I already said that I'm not interested. Pregnant lady, two kids, melting popsicles. Out of my way please!

Hurried shopper,
Leslie


Dear shoppers who don't return your carts,
Return your carts!!! That is all.

So as you can see, it was an eventful day at Wal-Mart. I didn't even go late at night which is when most of the craziness happens!

11 comments:

Kristi said...

That made me laugh! Oh the joys of WalMart. I so want to find your checker though:)

The Louders said...

You never cease to amuse me...you are hilarious. I agree about the voter people...come on now. My experience with the voter people the other day was that I said "I'm not interested"...and then the lady proceeded to tell me everything she knew about taking care of fresh flowers and making them last longer. Why thank you, voter lady, but your suggestions did not work AT ALL. Maybe that's why you don't work with flowers anymore like you said? I don't know.

Grey Sky said...

I love your post! As a Wal-Mart cashier, it's nice to hear that a job well done is, in fact, appreciated. That checker seems to be really great since she knows the plu for kale (that is not exactly a common item). Did you seriously have someone who did not know the plu for bananas!? That is the first code that everyone learns. Plus, bananas usually also have a barcode so you can just scan them if you prefer. I thought it was sad that I got so excited when I learned a new code but I guess it's just celebrating that I can do more job more efficiently.

The Barnyards said...

You are awesome Leslie!!! I loved this post!!! Sorry I've been so out of touch lately. Thanks for your emails and your sweet words of encouragement. You are a sweet friend. Talk to you soon.

Paige Allen said...

I'm just proud of you for going to Wal-Mart. I still refuse unless there are no other options...

The Lobster kid also reminded me of the Tim Schoenhals story...they just want to go...(hands open)

Glad you survived!

Fortner Family said...

Your are so wonderful!! I do have to agree with Paig, I avoid Wal-Mart at all costs!! Thanks for bring your joy to me today.

Anonymous said...

Oh sister, you make me laugh! It kids like the lobster boy that mess things up for everyone.

Sarah said...

You know how I feel about Wal-Mart. I also go there if I have to but I usually leave with a crazy story! You are so funny Les, thanks for posting this!

mandal said...

Your letters are so funny. I think they would be a great addition to one of the Late Night talk shows:)

Jennifer said...

YAY!
I was actually going to leave a comment the other day asking when you were going to do more letters! It's the best concept ever and I have to really work hard not to steal your idea!! Cause I think that would be a big blogging faux pas! But it is the GREATEST of entertainment.

And I'll admit...the lobster one actually made me snort a little cause I tried to stifle a laugh.

Jennifer said...

OH! And what the heck is flowery kale and what are you doing with it?