Monday, October 20, 2008

Room Swap

It has been busy around here the last week. Most people get a nursery ready before a new baby, but instead we have just redone Taylor's room. Or I should say Taylor and Ava's room. The plan is for the girls to share a room. So far it's working out, but maybe that's because Ava hasn't actually slept in the new room yet. We got the girls bunkbeds. Ava is just not quite ready for a big bed. Or maybe I'm not ready for her to be in a big bed. Even with rails, there is still a chance of escape, and the way Ava has been acting lately she would definitely be on the run all the time!!! So for now, they share a closet, a dresser, lots of playing space, but they still sleep in different rooms. One step at a time!

Now I need to get busy on the nursery. I decided to keep everything pretty much the same since Ava's nursery was so cute. If I can get through this upcoming weekend I will get busy getting the baby's stuff in order!

Speaking of this weekend, I am SOOOOO excited about the Pursue Conference! Last year was so great, but I think this year is going to be even better!!! If you are not sure about coming or not, just come! I promise your life will be changed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The girls' room in adorable!

Dominika said...

Baby steps...room transitions are tough. We're still trying to figure out how to transition Ava into a big girl bed, but like you we're not ready either. I really want her out of the crib, but at the same time I know she'll be out of bed and playing until who knows when. It's so easy having her in a crib right now. :)

Have you thought about using a playpen/portable crib to transition her into the shared room? What about starting with naps in the big girl bed and then working into nights?

Good luck and let me know what works for you! You'd think that after 3 kids I'd know what to do about the 4th. Hee hee. Actually, I know what's holding me back. She's my baby and I really really don't want her to grow up!