Monday, September 29, 2008
We had a big moment last night. Let me preface this by saying this is a spanking story. Yes, I believe in spanking my kids. I don't abuse them, but I do give them spankings when the situation requires it. So, lately Ava has been testing me on every level. She pushes me to the limits and sees just how far she can take things. I always said I wouldn't be a "threatener." I honestly have bad mouthed other parents for threatening continuously to punish their kids, but never following through. That was before I had a two year old! So, last night after Ava had spit out all of her green beans and telling me "No mom, I don't like that. I'm not eating that." We went back and forth several times. Alan can straighten her out with just a look, but she does not respond quite the same way to me. Alan tells me that I have to be consistent or she will always run over me. So, I stuck to my guns and gave her a spanking. Now, Alan says that Ava is just like me, so I shouldn't be surprised that my spankings don't do a lot for her. I used to actually laugh at my mom when she gave me spankings. I thought it was funny! I'm not sure what the difference was last night. I have spanked her on many occassions, but she didn't seem too affected by them. This time, she really cried and looked at me and said "That hurt Mom. That spanking hurt my bottom." I told her it was supposed to hurt a little bit, or she would never learn her lesson. We finally had a breakthrough! Don't worry, she has no bruises, I didn't spank her too hard, but it finally worked! She finished all of her green beans. It was actually comical. She really didn't like them, but, she ate them. She shuttered and made faces the entire time. She even kind of gagged a little bit, but she ate them!!! Advantage: mom!
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Getting ready for the show!
I think Ava clapped the entire first half!
Intermission....get ready for the hats....
Jonah got Larry Boy...
Ava got Bob...
The stars of the show, Bob and Larry!!!
Ava's favorite, The Cheeseburger Song
Hooray for Veggie Tales!
Heading home after a fun show!
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Monday, September 22, 2008
1. Laundry- hate it. Always have hated it, but really despise and loathe it right now. If I could think of stronger words to use, I would use them right here.
2. Picking up Ava's toys- this is a never ending task. No matter how many times I throw everything back in the right basket, I turn around and it's all back out again. I told myself to just let it go and do it once at the end of the day, but by that time, I just want to go to sleep!
3. Buying a new dresser for the baby's room- the nursery is a breeze this time. I am keeping everything the same except for the ghetto dresser that we bought for Ava and is falling apart. Drawers are literally falling off. Knobs are missing. This thing needs to find it's way to the dumpster...fast! But do I want to go find another one....not really.
4. Consolidating Taylor and Ava's stuff into one room- My goal was to do this during the summer. We need to buy a bunkbed for the girls and I need to move all of Ava's stuff over. None of these things have happened. I also need two giant toy boxes. One for each kid so they can keep their mounds of stuff separate (see #2) but again this is a project that has yet to be done.
Did I mention I only have 7 weeks!!! Ok, I'm feeling a little bit motivated. Or a little bit overwhelmed, one of the two.
Here are things that I want to do, but really help me in no way accomplish the things that need to be done:
1. Go to the Fair- I know this sounds ridiculous, but I want to go to the Fair. Take Ava through the petting zoo, eat a corn dog (new craving), see the cows (yes, I like to look at the cows), and top it all off with a fried peach pie.
2. Go get a pedicure- I got two gift certificates for my birthday to get a pedicure and I think it's time I use them!
3. Go get a massage- again, I have a gift certificate and I think the Pea in the Pod massage sounds really good right now.
4. Go see Veggie Tales Live with Ava- this is something I am actually doing tomorrow at 3pm! Ava is so into Veggie Tales right now and I can't wait to see her little face watching the giants legumes dance around!
5. Take Taylor out to ride her horse- Taylor got a horse for her birthday from her grandmother, and I have yet to see it. She wants to go out riding today, and I think we should just squeeze that in!
Ok, there are my lists. I am quite the list maker. I will write things on my list for the day that I have already done just so I can mark it off and see how accomplished I am. Now you all know how crazy I am!
Sunday, September 14, 2008
I guess it's official, her name is Molly Kate!
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Monday, September 8, 2008
Ava with Grammy (Alan's mom) The spread...gotta love 2 year olds favorite foods!