Friday, November 7, 2008

Time for an Update!

It's been a few days since I last blogged and technically I didn't include anything of great importance in my last round of letters. Since I am such an important person with so many important things going on, I better catch you all up (please note the sarcasm, I don't really think that highly of myself). This was my first "official" week off of work. I led worship on Sunday and have taken off ever since. I have noticed a big change in myself over the past year or two. Honestly it feels really weird to be "out of the office". This week I have felt so out of the loop. There was a time when this would have greatly upset or offended me. If something is going on, I need to know! And everyone involved definitely needs to hear my opinion on it, right? This used to be my attitude but lately, I just really don't care! Not in a bad way. I do care about what's going on, but I don't feel like I need to put my two cents in anymore. Whatever gets decided is fine with me! This is actually quite a liberating feeling. My husband has pointed out on just a few occasions (sarcasm again) that I can tend to be a wee bit controlling. I have really been working on this because that's not who I want to be. I've always considered myself a very laid back person, but the last 4 or 5 years I have gotten myself a little tightly wound if you know what I mean. I'm just trying to learn to relax and stop trying to control every little thing. Whatever happens, happens. I'll do my part and sit back and just let everything else take care of itself. And I will be happy with the outcome!

Yesterday I had a slight freak out. I think it all snowballed because I decided to do too much yesterday and on top of it all, I was keeping my niece and nephew for part of the day. I won't go into a lot of detail, but this just added more to my plate than I could handle at the moment. So in typical Leslie fashion, I started a project!! I rationalized in my head that if I stayed busy I wouldn't notice the 4 screaming children in my house so much. I put the baby bassinet together and did a fantastic job if I can brag on my pregnant self for a bit. I was on a roll so I kept going. We bought a chest/trunk thing for the nursery. It has been sitting in the garage for two days now (in a box...in pieces). I decided I wanted it put together at that exact moment (this is the controlling thing I was talking about) and since Alan was not going to do it at that exact moment I would just do it myself! I'm a pretty handy girl so I got my screwdriver, wiggled the box into the house and opened it all up. I'll give you the Readers Digest version. I got most of it done, but could not finish the last piece. It really required two people, but I was impatient. So, I tried to finish it myself, messed up several times, and now Alan has to fix it for me anyways! Oh well.

I know this is getting long, but when you can't sleep and have nothing else to do but lie here and be assaulted by the growing baby inside of you...you keep blogging! My plans for the next few days include:
1. finishing the chest for the baby's room (this is actually on Alan's list)
2. put the double stroller together (again, this is really on Alan's list)
3. find a few more things to put on Alan's list.
Sounds like a good last 3 days of pregnancy to me!

3 comments:

Embracing Grace said...

Yay the baby is coming!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad all of the projects are on his list!:)

Jennifer said...

Oh Leslie... You so remind me of me! I was always doing things like that, especially while I was huge and pregnant. I used to move the furniture around and everything!

I am so excited for you and your new little one:) It almost makes me want a new one...
I pray that everything goes smoothly for you!
Jennifer