Monday, November 17, 2008

Christmas already???

I just got on to check a few blogs from my lovely friends, and three of them were blogging about putting up Christmas decorations!!! Now, I love Christmas time SOOO much. A few years ago I decorated for Christmas the first week of November. The downfall to this was that by the week before Christmas I was tired of it and was ready to take it all down. So, I've learned to wait a bit on the decorating, but I guess I didn't realize that it was already time to start decorating (unless these three friends of mine are just crazy Christmas people and have jumped the gun! I don't think this is the case.) Well, now I'm just not sure what to do. I still can't believe that Thanksgiving is a week from Thursday, so maybe I need to get it in gear and get the tree up. This all seems a bit overwhelming since I just had a baby a week ago. I will say that the baby is not the difficult part. It's the two year old who is trying to adjust to the new baby! Maybe tomorrow I will blog about the adventures of the new baby and the two year old! I am surprisingly not exhausted yet and have been making myself do things that I like to do during Ava's nap, like reading blogs or maybe putting up a Christmas tree!

3 comments:

The Barnyards said...

According to Hobby Lobby it began in August!! :)

I can't believe you were in church Sunday!!! You are super mom!! Seriously!!! I looked for you after church but ended up having to just get Jonah out to the van because he had an accident in Sunday school. His shoes were even wet! :)

Can't wait to see you and hear stories of Ava's adjusting! Jonah hit River with his head when he was two weeks old. It took about a month of "fit throwing" and then he adjusted.

Talk to you soon! Glad to hear you are doing well!!

Anonymous said...

No one expects you to put up a tree any time soon or at all for that matter, with your new little one. If you want to put one up I would be more than happy to help, or I could just take Ava so you can do it in peace. I will even take Miss Kate, but it may be a little soon. Let me know how I can help this week.

Sorry I haven't been more help. This working thing really put a wrench in things.

Grey Sky said...

In my family, we always decorated the day after Thanksgiving, but at Wal-Mart it has been Christmas since before Halloween. We've had decorations and Christmas carols for weeks now. I told myself that was normal because people had to buy the decorations before they could put them up. However, there are several houses/apts that already have their decorations up. I don't get it.