Sunday, November 9, 2008

10 more hours!

I am officially in the final countdown. We are talking hours people! So what do you do the night before your baby is born? Well, I guess you blog! I'm really anxious, nervous, excited, did I mention anxious??? I'm not really sure how much sleep I'm going to get tonight. I am just so ready for her to be here!
I am going to try and get my mind off of tomorrow for a little bit, so I'm going to write about something totally off subject! This morning at church, the sermon was part of a great series we are doing on Family. Today was all about honoring your marriage and your spouse. I never thought of the two being separate, but I now see that I have to make sure I'm honoring Alan and not just honoring the marriage covenant I have made with him. Alan is so incredible. I don't think I've ever written a blog about him. I tend to write about funny things and stupid, meaningless things, but I want to share a little bit about my amazing husband. Abby really inspired me with her last blog and after today's message, I see how I need to be more intentional about honoring him sometimes.
I thought about making a list of all the things I love about him, but I think I'll just speak more from my heart. When I first met Alan in early 2002, the first thing that stuck out to me was that he was a dad. You don't see too many young, single fathers raising a daughter. He was and is still such an incredible father. I know he really wants a boy, but he is a great "girl dad." My dad is a great girl dad, so I know that these are a rare and special breed! I met Taylor when she was just about 18 months old and we have always had a special bond. Even before Alan and I ever dated or anything, Taylor and I were connected. I guess God knew what He was doing! I just loved seeing this young guy bringing his baby girl to church, loving God, serving Him in so many ways, and just having an amazing attitude about everything. I'll never forget a few years later when Alan asked me on our first date. My stomach was fluttering, my heart was pounding, just so many emotions. Maybe I'll share more of our story in another blog. Since the beginning of our relationship I have never doubted that Alan loves me. There are times when Satan tries to lie to me and tries to get my emotions all stirred up into thinking that maybe he doesn't love me anymore, but I know that's just not true. He is so faithful, so steadfast, and so wonderful. I am truly blessed to have such an amazing husband. Is our marriage perfect? Not by a long shot. We have had plenty of ups and downs and I'm sure there will be many more, but from this day on I am going to do whatever I can to honor him. With my words, my actions, and my thoughts. And tomorrow we will welcome our third little girl into this world! I am so excited to get to share a life and a family with this wonderful man!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Leslie, this is so sweet! I think you should sharing you and Alan's "dating story"! Maybe not the part where I was practically doing flips off the couch when we were roomies and you were telling me the latest "updates" haha! I couldn't help it! You two are perfect for each other and have a beautiful family! I love you guys and cannot wait to meet Molly Kate Rich! AAAHHHH! I am praying things run smoothly and will be thinking about you tomorrow.

The Barnyards said...

I can't believe Molly is almost here!! I loved hearing your heart for Alan. What a blessing you are to him. I will be praying for you today, can't wait to hear the news! Love ya friend. :)

Liz said...

I am thinking and praying for your sweet family today!
It was the sweetest thing yesterday at church when I looked at you guys and Alan had his hand on Molly. I figured she was doing a little dance. lol
You guys are precious! Much Blessing today!

Stacie said...

I cannot wait to see pictures of little Molly Kate! Good luck!

The Louders said...

Now you can update your "about me" to "three beautiful girls". And they are beautiful! Kate is a sweetie, thanks for letting us visit so long. Congratulations!!
And you know we are always willing to help with anything. We love you, glad you get to go home tomorrow, how fun (and crazy busy!) :) Love ya!