Sunday, November 23, 2008

Observations

For some reason I can not seem to go to sleep just yet. Maybe it is because I have been on the computer forever. I started out watching an old episode of One Tree Hill on thewb.com. Then I checked facebook, myspace, 3 different email addresses and of course the blog. Do I really need that much social networking??? So, now I thought I would just share some random thoughts.

First, I noticed in my last post a picture of my husband with Kate. He is wearing this silly orange trucker hat that he got at Home Depot last week. He got the notion to trim up our trees a little bit, which they desperately needed. Of course by the time he was done, two entire trees are now gone from my front yard. He just didn't see any use for them anymore, or he got really chainsaw happy. Back to the hat. When he went to buy the chainsaw, apparently the hat was on a display with the kind of saw he bought. He asked the Home Depot guy if they sold the hat and they didn't. This was the only one they had, and it had just come for the purpose of the display. I guess the guy saw how sad Alan was that he would not be going home with a bright orange, Stihl chainsaw hat, that he took it off the display and let him have it. So, now Alan wears it all the time. He really likes the hat even though he looks a little redneck wearing it.

My second observation is of my new baby girl. While she is sleeping she will out of nowhere start panting like a dog. It is very loud and at first it kept freaking me out. I would jump up to go check on her in her crib, but she just lies there asleep, panting. What is that all about???

My final observation for the night. I have changed so many diapers today that I lost count. Of course the new baby needs lots of diaper changes. Ava started wearing pull ups because "she's a big kid now" and likes to go on her little pink potty instead of in her diaper! Yay, this is all very exciting, except that she doesn't understand the concept of just pulling the pull-up down and pulling it back up when she's done. She takes off every piece of clothing from the waist down (pants, socks, shoes, and pull up), goes potty, and then tries to put on a new pull up which always results in both legs in one leg hole. She then runs around the house naked from the waist down because the pull up is all bunched up around the waist. So I haven't really changed her dirty diapers, just re-pull uped her about 15 times!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Personally, I think you need to scour the internet and find MORE obnoxious orange hats...and get a family picture taken.

So glad Alan got the hat. he OBVIOUSLY walks in great favor!