Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Family....it keeps growing!

We have had a very interesting last two days around my house. On Monday, I found out that we have a nephew that I didn't even know about! One of Alan's older brother's has a son named Matthew. No one in Alan's family has seen him since he was three years old. Alan was just a kid at the time, so he doesn't really remember that much about him. I was kind of freaking out. I was asking Alan "why didn't you ever tell me about him?" Of course Alan's response "I forgot." Well, Matthew found Alan's sister through myspace. He found Alan, but his myspace hasn't been checked in about 6 months. Matt is really anxious to catch up with everyone. He is about to be 18 and just wants to know his family. I don't know the whole story or what all has gone on in the situation, but we have decided that today is a new day, and this kid is family. So, we were super excited when he called Alan last night! They talked for almost an hour, just catching up. Matt has just moved back to Waco. He has lived in California the last few years, but is back in Texas with his grandparents. After the phone call, I checked myspace and he had added me as a friend. Late last night we got a message from him. He called Alan's dad (who happens to be about 20 minutes away from him) and they are going to meet today. Alan's dad was crying on the phone when he called. It is just so exciting to see God working and I hope that Matthew will feel love and acceptance and a place to belong in this family.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is completely precious. God is absolutely amazing.


What is up with your family and myspace? People hooking up, families reunited. Ya'll SO need to host your own reality show based on myspace connections.
Seriously.

Paige Allen said...

That's crazy but wonderful! Hope he feels connected with the fam!

And Jenn cracks me up...maybe we do need a tv show or at least a good how-to book...

Anonymous said...

That is the most 'whack-o-doodle" thing I have ever heard. I had to put "whack-o-doodle" becuase of yesterday. I'm trying to use it is a sentence at lease once a day!

Well, he is lucky to be in your family. I can't wait to hear more stories.

Jamie said...

That's so amazing! :)