Monday, September 8, 2008

Ava's birthday!

Hooray! Ava is now officially 2. I can't believe it. Time has flown faster than I ever thought it could. We started the celebrating on Saturday with a fabulous Backyardigans party! Honestly, I don't have a lot of great pictures of the party. I was a little busy trying to keep the party going. 2 year olds don't stay focused on one thing for very long. So after we had some yummy snacks, including Goldfish, carrots and ranch, mini Nilla Wafers, fruit snacks, juice boxes and of course cupcakes, we moved on to opening presents. Ava really was a trooper. I realize that it's kind of cruel to expect a two year old to understand that she gets to open the present, but then has to move on to the next one without getting to take the first present out of the box and play with it. But, she did great. After the presents, we moved outside for a "parade" down the block. Basically, it was the kids in wagons and on tricycles riding down the sidewalk. After that, we had a Uniqua pinata. If you are not familiar with Backyardigans, Uniqua means nothing to you, but if you are a fan, you realize I am talking about the little pink creature (I'm not even sure what kind of animal she is supposed to be.) Following the pinata, we took the party inside for some dancing! We cranked up the Backyardigans music and the kids had a blast dancing around the living room. All in all, it was a great party. One that I hope Ava will remember and enjoy looking back at the pictures. Like I said, I didn't get a lot of pictures, but my sister Paige put up a blog about the party and she is the unofficial family photographer, so she has some good pics.


Ava with Grammy (Alan's mom) The spread...gotta love 2 year olds favorite foods!



Ava and her friends, Noah, Jonah, and Annie.


Today, was the "real" birthday. Ava and I had a fun day. I did try to take some pictures today to document this special occasion. Happy Birthday my sweet baby girl!
We started the day with Barney! Ava even got to talk to Papa Jack on the phone.
He is in Africa, and was sad to miss her birthday :(






Lunch with GiGi at Markey Street. Ava just wanted "Roni" for lunch.



Cupcakes...Round 2!


Ava finished off the day with lots of snuggles and loving!

6 comments:

Fortner Family said...

Happy birthday Ava!!! She is so sweet and precious and beautiful!!

Sarah said...

AVA! I just want to squeeze her! She is such a doll:) Happy birthday beautiful baby!

Anonymous said...

Oh little Ava. You have changed all of our lives for the better. Uncle Heath and I love you so much, and Madi thinks you are the coolest older cousin ever! I'm so sorry we missed your party, but I can't wait to bring you your present. I love you sweet girl.

Jennifer said...

So adorable. Happy Birthday Ava!

LOVE the pic with the phone. Classic.

Denae said...

awww, I love that last picture! Precious.

Happy Birthday Ava!

mandal said...

Happy Birthday, Ava! Her and Averi aren't too far apart. Ava looks like she is a little fireball. Love the one of her on the phone:)