Monday, September 22, 2008

Dry Spell

I guess I'm in a bit of a funk. I find myself just getting through each day and being so glad when it's time to go to bed. And then when it's time to get up, I just want to keep sleeping. 7 weeks from today little Molly Kate will be here, so I am very excited, but still have so much to do to get ready for her arrival and not a lot of motivation to do it. Here are things that I am currently avoiding:


1. Laundry- hate it. Always have hated it, but really despise and loathe it right now. If I could think of stronger words to use, I would use them right here.


2. Picking up Ava's toys- this is a never ending task. No matter how many times I throw everything back in the right basket, I turn around and it's all back out again. I told myself to just let it go and do it once at the end of the day, but by that time, I just want to go to sleep!


3. Buying a new dresser for the baby's room- the nursery is a breeze this time. I am keeping everything the same except for the ghetto dresser that we bought for Ava and is falling apart. Drawers are literally falling off. Knobs are missing. This thing needs to find it's way to the dumpster...fast! But do I want to go find another one....not really.


4. Consolidating Taylor and Ava's stuff into one room- My goal was to do this during the summer. We need to buy a bunkbed for the girls and I need to move all of Ava's stuff over. None of these things have happened. I also need two giant toy boxes. One for each kid so they can keep their mounds of stuff separate (see #2) but again this is a project that has yet to be done.





Did I mention I only have 7 weeks!!! Ok, I'm feeling a little bit motivated. Or a little bit overwhelmed, one of the two.





Here are things that I want to do, but really help me in no way accomplish the things that need to be done:


1. Go to the Fair- I know this sounds ridiculous, but I want to go to the Fair. Take Ava through the petting zoo, eat a corn dog (new craving), see the cows (yes, I like to look at the cows), and top it all off with a fried peach pie.


2. Go get a pedicure- I got two gift certificates for my birthday to get a pedicure and I think it's time I use them!


3. Go get a massage- again, I have a gift certificate and I think the Pea in the Pod massage sounds really good right now.


4. Go see Veggie Tales Live with Ava- this is something I am actually doing tomorrow at 3pm! Ava is so into Veggie Tales right now and I can't wait to see her little face watching the giants legumes dance around!



5. Take Taylor out to ride her horse- Taylor got a horse for her birthday from her grandmother, and I have yet to see it. She wants to go out riding today, and I think we should just squeeze that in!





Ok, there are my lists. I am quite the list maker. I will write things on my list for the day that I have already done just so I can mark it off and see how accomplished I am. Now you all know how crazy I am!

5 comments:

Embracing Grace said...

haha! i do the same thing with lists. There is just something about physically crossing the item off that makes you wanna say, " Good Job Self, I am so organized and productive!" Yay Leslie!

Have fun a veggie tales.

Anonymous said...

Hey Les. I have no idea how overwhelmed you feel right now, but please know that I am here to help. I know I seem a little out of it since I work, but I am a great worker/babysitter/shopper/laundry doer/etc. after school. I just want you to enjoy your last 7 weeks of 2 child motherhood!!!! Although, I can't wait for Molly Kate!!!

Kristi said...

Lists are fun! I just want to do it all for you. I also hate laundry with a passion and I love clothes, not a good combo:)

mandal said...

I LOOOOVE lists. I think the problem is I like making the list more than actually doing what is on the list. Oh well...somehow it all seems to get done. If you need help with anything let me know. I know how it is going from 2 to 3 babies:)

Jennifer said...

I LOVE making lists. It makes me feel uber-organized and that I can accomplish anything.

UNFORTUNATELY, I can never keep up with the lists long enough to actually go back and get to cross anything off.

Which, in reality, shoots the whole uber-organized theory right out the window.