Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Pregnancy Confession

I have a confession to make. I have denied it for quite some time now, but I can not keep up the lie anymore. I have an addiction to Starbucks Apple Fritters. It is the one and only thing that I constantly crave. Everyday I find myself wanting to pull through the Starbucks drive thru and order one. I don't let myself everyday, but I would be honest and admit to a 3-4 fritter a week habit. Last week I had already hit my 3 fritter limit and it was only Wednesday. I was on my way to church and instead of driving my usual route, I found myself headed down Quaker and about to turn in to Starbucks. I denied myself the indulgence and from 82nd and Quaker all the way to 98th and Slide I was thinking (obsessing) about the apple fritter. So my compromise was to pull into the 7-11. I thought I would just grab something to drink and be on my way, but I got distracted at the pastry display. Unfortunately, Starbucks has not packaged and sold their apple fritters to 7-11 stores, so I left the aisle with an enormous blueberry muffin. And then, as if it couldn't get any worse I had another slight craving. What better way to top off a high calorie, fat loaded blueberry muffin than with a pack of hickory flavored beef jerky? So there I was at the register, purchasing the muffin and beef jerky. I got nothing to drink, I was just trying to fix the fritter craving. I refused to look at the labels. I did Weight Watchers for a long time before I got pregnant again. I know the numbers, I can imagine the points. I'm pretty sure that I maxed out a few days worth of points on that little 7-11 trip. I'm sure the apple fritters are no better. I will admit that I'm doing better this week. I actually have not had an apple fritter at all this week! I realize it's only Wednesday, but I'm going to see how long I can make it. I'm sure the fact that I'm thinking enough about them to devote an entire blog to the apple fritter still proves that I have a problem, but I think I'm making progress!

9 comments:

Liz said...

oh leslie! This is hilar!!!!!! I say go for it! Life is short have a fritter!
**i truly believe starbucks puts addicting additives in their products!

Denae said...

Thanks for the picture....now I'm craving one and I've never even had one. And I'm not pregnant.

Jamie said...

YUM... It looks so good! I've never had one... That's why I prefer to drive thru. You can't see or smell any of the lovely pastries! ;)

Paige Allen said...

Blame it on mom...I know that you had an entire blog apologizing for blaming her for other past atrocities like the hair, clothes, etc...but seriously, apple fritters go back to her. Even in the health food co-op days she would occasionallly splurge on what? Yep, apple fritters and therefore all of us girls will forever have a bent that way...

So, blame it on her or just call her and ask her to go get you one! You know she wants one too...or call me...i love me some apple fritters.

Jennifer said...

What are you doing to us Leslie? Nooooooowwwwww- we ALL are going to feel the need to go out and get an apple fritter from starbucks. We could be on the verge of an epidemic.
Are they really THAT good? Not TOOO sweet? Cause their stuff always seems a little too sweet to me. (except their scones-LOVE me some scones!)

NOW- Rise 'n Shine....THEM are some dang good fritters.

Grey Sky said...

I think it's funny what little cravings/addictions people develop. The good news is that cravings for certain foods usually lessen after a while. Good luck!

Fortner Family said...

Wow the fritter's are so pretty...I will have to go try one and tell you all about it.

Mike and Emily said...

This is hilarious...and so true from one prego to the next. Thanks for the comments too. What a joy it is to be pregnant and we are super excited to welcome little Bella into the world. Until then, my cravings consist of cheese and meat and hamburgers...and this is completely different from before where I could exist on cucumbers and hummus for days. ha! My husband is loving it. Take care and you have a precious family!!!

The Barnyards said...

Apple fritters are my favorite too. This hilarious! :)