Sunday, September 14, 2008

Scary Day

Today has been a little scary for me. Last night, I got in bed and had a few false contractions. No big deal, just a little tightening in the stomach. And I've read and been told that they are perfectly normal. Well, today at church I was singing in the first service and they started up again. This time Molly Kate wasn't cooperating and she just started pushing and kicking like crazy every time my stomach would tighten up. All the while, I am trying to hold it together and keep leading worship. I was just trying to breathe and all I wanted to do was go lay down, but I kept going. So, once we were done singing I think it all hit me and I got a little panicked. Then I really had trouble getting a breath! I grabbed my mom and freaked out a little bit more because for some reason it's ok to freak out in front of your mom. Finally, I was able to calm down a little bit, the contractions let up and I could breathe again! So, now I am at home laying down watching HGTV and making all kinds of plans for remodeling my house. Thanks for all the comments, text messages, emails, etc. I am feeling good, and Molly Kate is staying put for two more months!

I guess it's official, her name is Molly Kate!

10 comments:

Kristi said...

praying for you leslie! That is so cool thay you will have 3 beautiful girls just like your parents. Waht a blessing! Take it easy (if possible)!

Fortner Family said...

I am so glad you and Molly Kate are ok. I am praying for you and remember if you need help with Ava I'm am here for you!!

Anonymous said...

Les, you really scared me today. I can't wait for that little Molly Kate to get here, but Madi and I both agree that she needs to wait 2 more months. Please let me know if there is anything I can help with. I am always here for you.

I guess if you are not going to use Kelsey Kate, Molly Kate will do. Just kidding I love it!!

Jennifer said...

I think that it's obvious that Molly Kate is a worshipper and she was JUST trying to dance while you were singing.
She's just needing more room to twirl!

Denae said...

Whoa...that is scary!

Along the lines of what Kelsey was saying, what about Leslie Kate? Kind of like Emma Kellie...assuming you know who that is. No, I love Molly Kate!

The Barnyards said...

Leslie!!!! Glad to hear things are better. You probably just needed to get off of your feet! I want to help you out in any way possible these next few months! Please let me know what I can do!

I love the name Molly Kate...just Love it!!

Sarah said...

so glad you are ok! Little Molly Kate needs to stay put, maybe you need a spa day? Thanks for coming to dinner and bringing Ava the star of the show! It was so good to see you!

CONNIE said...

Wow girl! I will be praying for you. I'm sorry I didn't get to talk the other day at pictures but Will is on the the fact that I am his babysitter! I had to get him out of there. I love the pictures, the one of you and Ava is beautiful!

Paige Allen said...

hi sis...so sorry to hear about the scare! Just finished having dinner with Tomas and Miriam and they wanted to know all about Molly Kate!

Love you and will see you in about a week!

Jamie said...

Molly Kate! I LOVE IT! I'm so glad you're feeling better... Take it easy and let me know if I can do anything for you! :)