Thursday, December 4, 2008

It's finally Christmas time here!

We finally put the tree up at my house! After weeks of thinking about it and days of saying we were going to do it, it is actually up!!! And miraculously Ava has not ripped off every ornament within her reach! I guess my lessons in manners are paying off because today she asked if she could break one of the ornaments. I of course said no and she replied with a really sweet, "Please, Mom?" I really love my tree and I'll tell you why. It's not a really pretty tree. My mother always has the most beautifully decorated, amazing tree. My sisters have both inherited this decorating sense for their trees, but mine is not so much. It's a fake tree with lights, and little bit of ribbon and then the ornaments. This is what I love so much about our tree. I put up all the ornaments, even the semi-ugly ones the kids have made because they either have their pictures on them or just because they made them! Then we have our snowmen. Beginning the Christmas right after Alan and I got engaged, I bought a cute ornament with two snowpeople in love. The next year, our first Christmas as a family, I bought a little snow family ornament. I have continued the tradition and it made me so happy to see all my little snow families! This year I get to buy a snow family of 5!!

Today was Ava's Christmas program at "school." I have a little video I thought I would share. She did such a good job! While most of the kids in her class were crying, she was doing the motions and semi-singing. My little girl is growing up!





8 comments:

Paige Allen said...

Love the video! She is quite the performer!

Denae said...

That video is sooo cute!!! And funny. We haven't put up our Christmas tree yet. I'm a little nervous about what Will will do to it.

Liz said...

love the video!! Ava is too cute!!!
My boys first few christmas' we put the tree in a play pen. They could look but not touch. Too funny! I love personality trees ~ that tell a family story! Yours does just that!!!

Embracing Grace said...

Yes...adorable. Patrick said that if he could have a kid as cute as Ava he would have kids...or if he could just have Ava that would be fine with him too...haha. I don't think he has spent much time around 2 year olds... but she is quite a cutie. love you.

Sarah said...

Ava, will you come visit me and entertain me for a day? Please? I can't believe she asked you if she could break an ornament, that is so funny!

The Barnyards said...

Love the video!!!! Sorry I forgot to reply to your "rain check" message. It is totally fine!!! Let's try and figure out another day soon!! Have a great day! Can't wait to see the pics of Kate! Talk to you later.

Jennifer said...

Oh my word she KILLS me! Ava is the dang funniest little girl EVER. Well, besides myself of course, so we'll just say she's funniest girl around in the last 30 years. And yay for you for being able to teach SUCH polite manners Leslie! You're so Mom-of-the-year! I think you could start writing children's books based on her...maybe even a Nickelodeon cartoon.

(I will expect part of the royalties now)

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet girl. I love me some Ava Grace.