Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas Tag

I have decided to start my own little game of "blog tag" with a Christmas theme!
1. What is your favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night
2. What is your favorite Christmas album? Harry Connick Jr. "When My Heart Finds Christmas". The new one is good too, I just haven't gotten as into yet.
3. What is your favorite Christmas gift you have ever received? Cabbage Patch Kid when I was six
4. What is your favorite gift that you are giving this year? I am giving Alan The Office DVD board game. I really wanted for myself, but I figured I could give it to him and I could also enjoy it that way!
5. Favorite place/location to look at Christmas lights? Our old neighbor's tree on 80th Street!
6. Favorite Christmas treat/candy? homemade caramel corn
7. What is your funniest Christmas memory? Probably the first Christmas I was married. I had told Alan that I wanted to start a Christmas tradition for our family and all get new Christmas pajamas to open on Christmas Eve. He said he would buy some for me. So, on Christmas Eve night we got home from our family party and went to open our Christmas pj's. Alan realized that he forgot to get me some pj's. I was very upset. At this time in my life I was a bit more of a control freak and not as in control of my emotions as I am now! I then realized that there were no presents under the tree with my name on them. Taylor had presents. Alan had presents. No presents for Leslie :( I was obviously very upset. So Alan decided to run out to get me something. Since it was Christmas Eve and about 11:30 pm he found himself at Walgreen's. It was the only place open. So that year I got a watch and a bottle of perfume. I don't wear perfume and the watch accidentally got thrown away with the pile of trash from all the presents because I left it in the sack it was wrapped in and Alan gathered everything up and threw it all away before I realized it. I did get some pj's that year though. Alan went and found these two old red t-shirts he had from when he umpired Little League baseball. He somehow cut them and tied them together to make a long gown thing. Looking back on it all now it is pretty funny and he hasn't forgotten to get me a Christmas present since then! On a side note, that same year, Taylor got a rabbit that she accidentally killed in less than 48 hours. Long story, sad Christmas.

Ok, now I tag....everyone!

1 comment:

Denae said...

oh my gosh, I can't believe Alan is still alive!!! That is the most awful story I have ever heard. I can handle not getting a present, but it has to be agreed upon long before Christmas arrives. ha! And I am cracking up thinking about how the conversation must have gone when he said he had to go to Walgreens at 11:30 on Christmas Eve.