Thursday, December 18, 2008

Tomorrow and things to come...

Tomorrow I am going on a weekend shopping trip with my mom, sisters and Molly Kate. Alan is keeping my two big girls here at home. I can't wait! I have wanted to just get out of town for so long now, and going with my favorite peeps just makes it that much better. We have done this a few times, just a girls trip, but my most memorable one was a few years ago. The four of us (this was before kids) headed off to Dallas to find my wedding dress and bridesmaids dresses. I realize there are stores in Lubbock with these sorts of things, but any excuse to hit the road and Dallas malls, we take it! I found my dress pretty easily. We went to David's Bridal and I saw it in the magazine thing and just new it was the one I wanted. The lady kept bringing me other things to try on and I kept asking for the dress in the magazine. That's what I wanted! The bridesmaid dresses were not so easy to find. I just had my two sisters in my wedding party, so I was looking for something a little different than the usual bridesmaid dress. I happen to be an expert bridesmaid. I have been one myself seven times. I know that is a ridiculous amount. I am not that good of a friend, but apparently I either look really good standing up there next to the bride or people just really like me. Either way, I have quite an extensive collection of dresses. And let me just say that when a bride tells you she picked a dress that you can wear again it's not true. Where are you going to wear a hot pink, rinestone encrusted dress (Kelsey)? Adult prom???

Ok, back to the shopping. We looked a lot of places and after a while it just got very comical. One dress that I kind of liked, my sisters could not stop laughing in. Paige had to remind me that Pepa would be at the wedding and the amount of cleavage the dress was creating was not acceptable in the presence of my grandpa or anyone else for that matter. I just liked the color of the dress and didn't notice because they were laughing so hard and I couldn't figure out why. I know this weekend trip is going to be fabulous and full of more wonderful memory making moments!

And let me conclude by saying that I have loved being a part of every wedding I've ever been in. The girls all mean so much to me. And the dresses that each one picked were perfectly fitting for them and their weddings and I was so honored to be there for all of them.

Ok, the next blog I post, I'm going to try and make it a picture blog. Here are the pictures I am working on finding, just to give you something to look forward to.
1. The new haircut (see previous blog for more info.)
2. Some pics of me in these bridesmaid dresses.
3. The "Squirrel" collection (hopefully this will include me in my squirrel overalls, Ava and Molly Kate in their squirrel outfit)
4. Pics from our shopping trip!
5. Anything else I might run across that might bring you a bit of holiday joy!

4 comments:

The Barnyards said...

Friend, you are so cute!! Have a wonderful time this weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until this weekend!!!!

mandal said...

Oh how fun!! I always wanted a sister just for reasons like this!

Jennifer said...

True Story, by Jenn Beamer

So I'm sure I've mentioned that I'm painting my Office/Guest room Dark Grey- as inspired by The Hills. WELL- I wanted my comforter and what-nots to be super bright pink and blue. I loved the pics of your girls room- because those are the colors I wanted to use for my accents. I've been searching and searching for a comforter. Yesterday I looked at the Linen's and Things website to see what they had left- and saw one I liked for uber-cheap. I debated about it all day. I was needing to make a decision last night but my only concern was that it was not as quite bright and obnoxious as I was wanting. So I thought- hmmmm- I’ll go look at Leslie’s pics of the girls room one more time and see what comforters she was using...

So they’re the EXACT same ones I was looking at.

So I bought it immediately.

It should be comforting to know that you could send your girls up to stay with me and they’d feel right at home in my guest room. ;-)