Thursday, May 14, 2009

Quiet evening

I am actually having a nice, quiet evening to myself. The kids are all in bed...finally! Alan is out in the studio jamming with Landon before he leaves for the summer. So I decided it is time for a blog! I don't have many exciting things to share, but it's still fun to write. I am on a mission (seems to be my lifelong mission) to get organized in my home. I have purged my home of so much junk in the last month, and there is still more! I never thought I was a pack rat, but I have just been hanging on to stuff, and I have no idea why! I cleaned out Alan's closet last week. Wow! Fashion wise, my husband has come a long way! I guess some of the things were in style about 10-12 years ago, and I honestly think he's been hanging on to them since then! It was so funny to hear him trying to justify keeping some of the items! I didn't realize guys had emotional attachments to some clothes! The worst were his old gig clothes. He would not let me throw them away! So, I added them to the costume section of my closet (I have quite a good collection!)

This is the jacket part of a polyester suit that is very dear to my husband's heart.


This is the lovely shirt that he would wear underneath the polyester suit. This picture does not do the silver flames pattern justice! And of course it's a nice rayon/acetate blend.

My personal favorite: the ocean/palm tree polyester shirt. The best part is the brand: Hoax Original. A hoax indeed!



This week I have moved on to my closet. I'm still not done, but I haven't had a chance to finish it up after I got started. I did get all of the maternity clothes put away. I decided there was no need to leave them out, because it is merely a temptation to slip back into the flowy, non figure showing looks that sound like a really good idea right now! Instead, I boxed them up and I think I'm going back to Weight Watchers this week. I had pretty good success with it after I had Ava and I'm certainly not losing weight just by wishing it! So, my plan is to go to the Mom and Me class tomorrow morning at 9:30. I can do it! (I'm giving myself a pep talk!)

This is my giant tub of maternity clothes. I even put away my FAVORITE elastic waist jeans. It was very hard for me. I would give them to Abby, but she is so tiny I don't think she will ever get into any of them!

I will leave you with my favorite picture so far this week. All of these pics are from my iPhone because I never think to carry my camera around with me. I'm glad I have it though, because I get to capture little moments like this one. Molly Kate and I were waiting for Ava at gymnastics and she was just being so sweet and looked so cute!





4 comments:

mandal said...

She is so cute! I love your carseat cover! And I know it is sad, but I'm pretty sure Chad and I are stuck in 1998 fashion:)

Enid said...

Ohh I want to do WW!! Are you doing it by your self, please do let me know! And good for you for all the things youa re doing. It does feel so good!

brandi said...

Way to go Leslie! It has been a goal of mine to get organized for several years now, but I get started and then get overwhelmed. I hope you keep posting about this because it is really inspiring!

Sarah said...

I can't believe Alan still has that jacket! Do you remember when he was moving into the house you first moved in when you were newly married? I think you were trying to hint at getting rid of it back then. I believe that we put it on near the fire place and asked if we could burn it. Ha-ha, good times!