Monday, August 11, 2008

What a week!

This has been a cram packed week! First I'll start with the best thing...my birthday! I turned 27 yesterday (Sunday) and it was a good day. The older I get I'm starting to realize that birthdays aren't as big of a deal as they have always seemed in my head. Growing up, I remember planning my birthday for months. Of course my plans would change a dozen times before I decided on the perfect party theme, gift, and activities for the day. Now that I have kids, I put all that thought into their birthdays. My birthday happens to fall one week after Taylor's and one month before Ava's so once we recover from Taylor's big day, I start thinking about Ava's and my day goes by without as much thought. This year I will admit I had a slight pitty party because once again, my husband sort of forgot my big day! Well, he didn't forget because I reminded him about six times the day before, but he is right in the middle of a slight remodel of our house. And in his defense, birthdays or really any holiday was never a big deal in his family growing up. He doesn't understand how I can put so much thought and effort into one day. So as he is slaving away ripping up carpet, busting up 30 year old tile and painting walls, I was having an immature moment, astounded that he had not planned a fabulous day for me. Well, I started seeing how hard he was working (and is still working) and I got over it really quick. He took me to dinner last night and we had a great time! And he is giving me a great present....a floor! If you have been to my house in last two years you have seen the lovely concrete floor in our kitchen. He is transforming our ugly, outdated house while I sit and watch. I am pregnant, so I can't really do anything to help. Thank you Alan, I love you! I also had a great surprise yesterday afternoon. I took the girls to the Reed's house for a little swimming and my wonderful aunt Lisa got me a cake. There were so many friends there and it was a great moment to share with them! We even go to swim a little while before the rain down pour! Then today, my mom planned a great birthday girls lunch with more wonderful friends and family! And I got to go without kids, so that was also a treat. Sometimes it's nice just to have some time that I'm not dealing with leaky sippy cups, stinky diapers, picky appetites, etc. And my mom got me a really nice Kitchen Aid stand mixer!!! I'm so excited about this gift! Now I just need Alan to finish the kitchen so I can get in there and cook up something fabulous and yummy!


Ok, next big thing this week...the Olympics!!! I love the Olympics. Every night I just want to sit and watch until they're over and then I search through the other channels and watch the more obscure events. I am watching a boxer right now named Prince Octopus (real name) from Ghana and I'm hooked! I know nothing about boxing, and this poor guy is getting beat 11-2, but hey, it's the Olympics, so I am hooked! It just fascinates me and I can't get enough!!! So between the birthday, the paint fumes, the new floor, and Michael Phelps' quest for eight gold medals...what a week!!! Oh yeah, and today I scheduled the C-Section for baby girl #3. We will welcome our sweet baby on Monday, November 10th. That's the plan anyways!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

QUITE the week!
Birthdays, floors, scheduling babies.

I thought MY week was crazy.

Embracing Grace said...

ahh leslie. i love you. i hope you had a great birthdya. you are amazing!

Kristi said...

Happy birthday leslie! November is a great month for a baby. Little Logan was a november baby.

The Barnyards said...

What a GREAT gift from your mom!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time celebrating your big day!!