Wednesday, August 13, 2008

We have a floor!!!

I am so excited right now. After two years of ugly concrete in my kitchen I have a floor! A real, actual, beautiful, honest to God floor! Two years ago, the concrete was a vast improvement over the old carpet that was in the kitchen. Two different kinds of carpet actually. Arranged in a strange wavy pattern across the kitchen. It had to go, so we began the kitchen remodel the week before Ava was born. (I say "we" like I had something do with it. I actually laid in bed, breathing paint fumes, trying not to go into labor so my husband could finish this crazy project he had started.) In addition to the new floor, our hideous entry circa 1974 is gone!!! The disgusting tile that can only be described as the color of baby poop, the dark paneling, it's all gone! My husband has worked so hard since Saturday to transform ugliness into a warm, cozy entry and kitchen. Now I will actual want to have people over more often. Hooray for home improvement projects!!!

Kitchen Before: (notice the wave? That's where the two carpets met before)Kitchen After:
My beautiful new entry. Before pictures do not exist. No one wants to remember the hideousness. Trust me!

9 comments:

Grey Sky said...

Wow! That is gorgoeus!!! Tell Alan he does good work.

Sarah said...

Amazing! I can't wait to see it in person:)

Fortner Family said...

Your floors look great!! Looks like it was worth the wait.

Jennifer said...

Bellissimo!! Worth the wait!?!?!?

It's the little things that make us happy...you know, like foundations and floors and stuff.

Jamie said...

It looks great!! :)

Denae said...

Good job Alan!! I love it! Can I invite myself over to see? :)

The Barnyards said...

Beautiful!!!! I'm so happy for you!

The Barnyards said...

The play kingdom is almost finished! We need to have you all over to play. After this week, I will be free!! Hope you guys are having a great Sunday! Isn't this weather wonderful???

mandal said...

LOVE it! It looks great!!