Saturday, July 19, 2008

Date Night

I had the most interesting experience last night. My husband and I went on a date. We went to go see Get Smart. I realize it has been out for a while, but we don't get out much. I also realize that the new Batman came out yesterday, but we avoided the crowds and went for Get Smart. I'm glad we did, it was a really funny movie. The interesting part started when a couple came in a few minutes before the movie started and they sat right next to us. I got a bit concerned during the previews. The guy was a laugher. He laughed at everything. Some of the laughs had merit, but mostly he was just overly laughing at things that weren't really funny. Then the comments started. He was that guy who talks back to the screen and points at the things that he's laughing very heartily at. This is all just during the previews! He never let up. The entire movie he laughed and commented and repeated lines from the movie just in case we didn't hear them the first time. It became a bit comical after a while, when it wasn't extremely annoying. Then his wife got in on the action. She was laughing at the same non-funny things he was laughing at, but not as loud. But I guess he inspired her. At one point in the movie, there is a symphony playing Ode to Joy. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed something waving around and so I casually look over. The woman is DIRECTING the orchestra with her hand. She was actually waving her hand like a conductor. If she had a baton handy I'm sure she would have used it. Alan and I were just trying not to laugh. So, to the couple who thoroughly enjoyed Get Smart last night you might try keeping it down a bit next time. And the leave conducting to the actor in the film!

1 comment:

Denae said...

Oh my gosh, Leslie! I am dying laughing. Thanks for the entertainment. I don't get out much either so I'm glad I could prentend I was there for a minute while I was reading this.