Thursday, July 31, 2008

Birthday Week




This is the week of birthdays in our house. Taylor's is on Saturday and mine is next Sunday (Aug. 10). Of course, Taylor's is much more exciting. I love planning the girls' parties, and honestly I'm a little bummed this year. Taylor will be eight this year and I guess theme parties are not as cool as they used to be to her. When she was four she wanted to have a flamingo party. I wasn't sure what to do at a flamingo party, but it was my first year to be in charge of her party, so I was determined it was going to be the greatest flamingo party ever! We had a flamingo cake, flamingo games, I took the flamingo as far as it could possibly go! When she turned five we had a Chef Party. This was probably my favorite party so far. We made big white chef hats, painted little moustaches on the kids, and taught them how to say "Bon Appetit!" All the kids made their own pizzas and decorated their own cupcakes. Again, I went all out. Did I mention that I love kids' parties? The following year, I must admit, I fell short. I was eight months pregnant, it was hot and my party planning skills were not up to par. So, we had a swimming party with a horse theme. Basically, every birthday, Taylor picks a different animal and says she wants that to be the theme. I usually try to steer her in a different direction, but that year I was too hot, tired, and fat to care. So, the kids swam, we had cake with horses on it, and the kids wore cowboy hats while they ate. Last year was super fun. We had a dress up/makeover party. All the girls got their hair, makeup and nails done. Then we had a fashion show. It was a lot of fun. So, this year, we are heading back to the pool for a beach themed party. Honestly, I have not gone all out like I had originally planned. I'll blame it on being pregnant again! It should be fun though! Happy Birthday Tay Tay!!!


2 comments:

The Barnyards said...

We could seriously be the same person. :)

Happy birthday Taylor!! Wanna get together next week again? Just let me know!

(P.S.-LOVE all of your party ideas! Brilliant!)

mandal said...

Happy Birthday Taylor!!!!!