Friday, July 2, 2010

Rainy Day

I love the rain! It's quiet in the house, the kids are napping, I'm totally loving this afternoon.

I am planning a fabulous menu for Taco Night with Alan's family tomorrow. Got a call this morning from my mother-in-law letting me know she was on her way into town, like literally on her way. 30 minutes away. She lives in Dallas. So, in order to avoid the circus that is Alan's entire family trying to go out to eat, I have decided to invite everyone over here! It's more relaxed, the kids can play, and I don't have to tell the kids 12,000 times to sit down, keep your hands to yourself, eat your own food, quit coloring on your cousin's napkin, quit coloring on your cousin's clothes, quit coloring on your cousin's arm, quit shooting spit wads through your straws, eat your food, sit down, quit running around the table, don't blow bubbles in your drink...I think you get the idea. There's something about being at a table of 12 that the "energy" level just goes through the roof. I don't know if it's that they think they have a captive audience, so it's time to start getting major attention, or what. So, like I said, to avoid this, I am planning Taco Night! We will have fish tacos, steak tacos, and chicken tacos along with lots of yummy sides and toppings. I am feeling my love for cooking start to rekindle and I like it! Last night I made spaghetti with meatballs. I had never made meatballs before! It was fun and they were super yummy. I also ran across a cookbook that I got for Christmas that I had totally forgotten about. There are tons of recipes that I am dying to try from there! I like them because they all sound simple, not too time consuming, but really delicious. My kind of cooking!

I'm looking forward to the 4th of July. I would usually try to plan out every moment of the weekend, but this year I'm feeling more relaxed about it all. I think we'll just go with the flow. That's probably a good thing with this rain, because all the things I would have normally planned would probably not have worked out and then I would just be frustrated. What a waste of time to worry about things like that! I'm excited about hanging out with my family and just enjoying the holiday. My two oldest girls are singing with a little kids choir for the July 4th service at church on Sunday. I'm so anxious to see them perform! I know they will do a great job!

Well, I know this is nothing very exciting, but I thought I would post a little update since it's way too long since my last one. There's something about a rainy day that just makes me want to sit down and write. I think I'll go work on writing a song now. Enjoy your holiday!!

3 comments:

The Barnyards said...

Loved getting an update! Sure miss you!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Enid said...

We love homemade meatballs, big kids have a kick doing them!!