Saturday, October 10, 2009

Songwriting Success!!

Can I just say how great it feels to have a song written, recorded, and almost completed?? I say almost because if you know my husband he will be doing more tweaking and adding and subtracting and whatever else he does until it's perfect or until he's sick of messing with it that he'll finally release it and call it done. This song is called "Time to Fall." Alan had this great musical idea that he and our drummer friend, Landon laid down and he told me to write some words to it. He gave me the first line and the rest just came out. I love it when songs come out like that, because it's know it's God. His songs are sometimes labored over for days, weeks, sometimes even years, but mostly in my experience, they just flow out pretty easily.

We were at a bit of a stand still with recording for a while. Our house got hit by lightning about a month ago and our studio computer was fried!! We lost pretty much everything we had been working on. Truly it was a blessing because now Alan has the computer he really wanted for the studio.

Someone asked me the other day, "so, what are you doing with these songs?" That's a really great question!!! Our first goal is to record a 3-4 song demo and give them away!! We feel like we need to sow some seed into whatever this thing is that God is asking us to do, so that's what we're gonna do. We're sowing songs with the expectation that God will give us more and we're sowing resource with the expectation that God will bless us with every resource we need!!

So, be on the look out for more music to come from the Riches!

So there's the update! Songs are coming!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Yes! I want one. Can't wait to hear it.

mandal said...

WooHoo!! We want one too :)

Jenifer Davidson said...

So excited! Cant wait to hear it!

Anonymous said...

I better get one! I will even pay. If one of the songs is what I heard last night, I can't wait.