Saturday, September 26, 2009

OMG!!

Oh my goodness! I haven't blogged in nearly a month! I'm sure you all are wondering what I have been up to! ;) Well, I'll tell you.

What I've been up to:
Today I just finished up the City View Ladies Fall retreat. They asked me to lead worship and I enjoyed the weekend immensely! Marci Brinkley was their speaker and she was wonderful. Just so practical and down to earth and very open about her life story. It was refreshing to be with such friendly, God-loving women! Last weekend, I got to lead worship for the Church on the Rock Ladies Conference. I guess it's that time of year for women to get fed!! It was a great conference. In the midst of all this ministry my kids have been taking turns getting sick! I guess Satan just hates what God is doing and trying to get me distracted! That God for a husband and some other great family (uncle Josh!) to help look after my little ones while I do what I love to do, lead worship! Now everyone is on the mend.

What I'm looking forward to:
Well, next weekend is my 10 year high school reunion. Honestly I'm surprised at myself that I'm going. I was not a super social person in high school. In fact, I was probably quite a nerd even though I hat to admit it! I think every high school student does whatever they can to find a niche, a place to belong and fit in. For me, it was choir! Who would have ever guessed??? I wasn't just in the choir, I was ALL ABOUT choir. Show choir, varsity choir, choir president...yeah, that's right, I said it, choir president. There's a new show on Fox called Glee, and although I'm quite disappointed in some of it's inappropriateness, I can so relate. I was that choir geek, all the way. So anyways, next weekend is the reunion. Over the last few years I have been doing a little self-evaluation and I realized that there were some insecurities in me that I just didn't want to carry with me for the rest of my life. I kind of always assumed that people wouldn't want to be my friend or get to know me for weird reasons. Either I wasn't cool enough, I wasn't in their same social circle or whatever lame reason I could come up with. Really I was just insecure and uncomfortable in my own skin, and I decide NO MORE!! I think I'm a pretty cool girl. Who wouldn't want to be my friend?? So, I'm going and I'm dragging my husband (on his birthday!) and I'm going to talk to people and not discredit myself. It should be fun!!

What's freaking me out:
Ok, I'm only slightly freaked out, but freaked out nonetheless. In my attempt to not count myself out of things in an effort to overcome some insecurities, I agreed (was talked into) to be the 4th grade Room Parent coordinator for Taylor's school. In the recruitment process, the lady in charge totally down played the weight of this role. "It'll just be a little party planning for the classes, a little coordination of the room moms, but really they're the ones who do all the work. Ms. Daniel thought you would be an excellent candidate. Blah, blah, blah." So I said yes! Well, I went to the first meeting and OH MY GOSH!!! There was a giant notebook with so much information about this "tiny little job." My initial reaction was major freak out, but I have decided to suck it up and get it together. I am totally capable of doing this job. So, I'm gonna do it, and I'm gonna do it with a good attitude and a smile on my face! Apparently being a head room mom is a bit cut throat (I know, ridiculous) and there is so much competition between some of these parents to one-up the others. So, my approach is going to be organized, positive, and all about the kids. I'll let you know how it goes...

What's new this week:
I'm teaching again!! Just one afternoon a week, I have 5 students, but I'm really glad to be doing it again. I have always loved teaching music, so it should be fun. Shout out to the wonderful Ally Hall who is not only the world's greatest babysitter, but she is so super talented and I can't wait to see where her talent and her love for the Lord takes her. That girl is a worship leader!! Her heart is amazing.

What I recommend:
Music: Right now I've been listening to a CD that my friend Marla gave me. It's actually her talented husband, Justin Barnard's CD Fightsongs. Great worship.
Books: Too bad I don't read!! Well, that's not entirely true. I just don't read often, however, I was given a book called The Organic God by Margaret Feinberg who was the speaker at COTR's Women's conference. I do plan on reading it soon! I'll let you know how it is, but if you already want to know, ask my sister Paige, because she's read it and she's always reading something!
TV: I would love to recommend Glee, and after the premiere I did recommend it to everyone I met on the street! But the last few episodes have been a little bit racy, and I'm not sure I'm gonna stay hooked. I still always love Project Runway and Top Chef, and now that PR has moved to Lifetime, they're on at the same time which is a first. The Office is back so I'm excited about that. I promise I do more than just watch TV all the time!!!
Food: Amish Friendship Bread!! My pal, Jennifer Watson gave me this bag with a bunch of goo in it a few weeks ago along with these instructions on what to do with it. 10 days later, I had some of the yummiest bread, and it makes more bags of goo to give away to friends! Let me know if you want your own bag of goo, and in about 8 more days I'll have one for you!!

What I'm missing:
Time with my husband!!! Alan's company is down to him and one other employee so he is working well over 40 hours a week which cuts into our studio time and time spent together. Plus of course I've been busy the last few weekends with ministry stuff, so we need to find some time to hang out and reconnect. His birthday is next weekend, so maybe I can surprise him with something. Any ideas???

Well, that just about sums up my life the last few weeks.

3 comments:

Enid said...

I don't read often, no time. I rather knit something. But that lead me to listen to book on CD, so I have the organic God and Scouting the Divine in audio, if you want to borrow it, let me know!

Cayce said...

can't wait to see you this weekend! you ARE a super cool girl;)

Hall-a-days said...

Uh whatever...I totally want to be your friend and hopefully get to be even 1/10th of your total coolness!