Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Twitteriffic!!!

I jumped on the Twitter wagon a few months ago. When I signed up I only knew (personally) about two people on Twitter. At first I thought it would be just another social networking time sucker. I also thought "Who on earth would want to know what I'm doing all the time?" I guess I thought it's just like a Facebook status update, but at least on Facebook people can look at pictures of my cute kids. And to top it off, I felt like whatever I "tweeted" needed to be funny and witty. Oh the pressure! This was almost enough to deter me from the Twitter world, but I went for it. Now I can say, I really enjoy Twitter! My goal has secretly been to get more followers than people that I follow. I don't know why. I guess deep down I am attention starved! Not really, but why else would I want so many people waiting for my next tweet?? I am slowly giving up my Twitter dream, because I keep on finding more and more Twitterers that I want to follow. I have had to watch myself a few times. The world of Twitter can be a bit deceiving. Just because I can know what celebrities are doing at that exact moment does not mean that they care what I think about it. I found myself replying to a tweet from John Mayer at 3 am once while up feeding Molly Kate. At that moment I realized that maybe I needed a little Twitter break! I'm still trying to figure it all out, but it's pretty fun and much less time consuming than Facebook. Don't get me wrong, I still love me some Facebook!

So, to all of you out there wondering if you should jump on the Twitter bandwagon, I say go for it!!! And you should all follow me @lesliesrich, and just maybe my Twitter dream will come true.

P.S. If any one knows Soleil Moon Frye (aka: Punky Brewster) tell her to go follow my friend @JennPossible. She is on a Moonfrye mission!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I HEART YOU SO MUCH LESLIE RICH!!!

I could have totally written this blog myself! I was very leary of the spectacularness at first too...AND I totally felt pressure to make the updates funny and witty!! Ok, really, I STILL feel the pressure.

AND-I also remember I specifically said I WASN'T into the celebrity stalking...but have found myself following more and more...

AND YES!- My ultimate goal is for Soleil Moon Frye to follow me!!! Everyone help me! I've got to make it happen without seeming like a creepy stalker girl!!

I'm gonna take credit for sucking you in to Twitter world the same way I take credit for making Shane and Shane famous. :-)

Follow me Twittererers- @JennPossible

...and tell Punky!

Liz said...

ok i signed up! i looked for leslie rich (with out the s) and it said 55 and fine.........lol

mandal said...

OK...following you now. I am @chamandalynne. Everybody had already taken all my names. Still a little confused about the whole thing. Can you comment back, etc.? Anyways, is Taylor still doing cheer? Haven't seen you up there.

Denae said...

okay, I signed up for Twitter last year and had a "widget" on my blog and people asked me all the time what Twitter was. I got tired of explaining it (mostly because I don't fully understand it myself) so I quit doing it and just started doing Facebook updates. Now you have me hooked again! You need to add a widget to your blog now!