Thursday, June 7, 2012

Dance recitals, cloudy days, and babies...oh my!

It's taken a few days, but I think I've finally recovered!  Last weekend, I entered a territory that only really brave mothers dare to go.  It's a world of tutus, red lipstick, oversized hats, and blue eyeshadow.  I'm talking about dance recitals, people.  And this was no ordinary dance recital. I realize that it was my first recital, so how can I say it was not like every other recital?  I just have a knowing deep in my heart, that this particular recital was in a league all it's own.  It started with a dress rehearsal Friday night.  I want to add that Friday was my favorite part of the recital experience.  The getting ready was the most fun!  This was the first time my little girls have ever got to really wear "grown-up" make up (not counting the lipgloss heist involving my 3 year old hijacking my lipgloss from my purse and hiding it in her pajama drawer for 2 weeks while sneaking it out to reapply every 30 minutes).  We curled hair, and glossed lips, and mascaraed lashes for a good hour before it was time to go.  The giddy squeals of delight were the absolute highlight of my weekend.

After a dress rehearsal on Friday, we had a great dinner with my mother-in-law who came in town for the recital.  Then it was off to bed for these little dancers.  Saturday was the crazy day!  We had TWO recitals that day, but the girls did great and had a ball!

Ready backstage!

My sweet cowgirl, Ava.

Me and my dancing girls!

Check out this lipstick!!

Lined up and ready to go!

Aren't we cute??

The recital was followed by a wonderful Sunday of rest and hanging with Grammy (my mother-in-law).  It was a super fun weekend topped off with the call that my sister was in labor!!  My adorable niece, Selah, came and spent the night at our house, so her mama could go have that baby!  Ava gave her lots of tips on being a big sister and we had good time with little Seh-Seh.  I love my nieces so much!  There is nothing better than seeing my girls grow up with their cousins and being their La-La!



My new niece, Haven Joy, arrived early Monday morning and I could hardly wait to get my hands on her!!  

(Yes, I know what you're thinking.  I'm LONG overdue for a new hairstyle.  This was a particularly awful hair day.)

Just a few hours old!  Isn't she precious??

It's been rainy and cloudy for the last few days and I'm loving it!  My hair, not so much, but whatever.  That's why I've decided today is hat day!  Ok, ok, I'm calling the hairdresser right now!  Hope you've had a wonderful week too!




1 comment:

essay best said...

Congratulations for new niece, I simply love this post. You have really pretty girls, thank you for sharing your moments with us