Thursday, March 18, 2010

Oh My!

I can't believe it's been over a month since I last blogged. Just so much going on these days. Honestly, I wish I wasn't so busy. I'm back to trying to figure out how to balance everything in life again. I think this is something that will continually be a part of my life. Maybe not constantly, but I foresee different seasons of it for sure. So, I'm on a journey of simplification. Trying to get things done without being too over zealous and piling too many things on my plate. I have not been doing a great job lately of the balancing and it caused a lot of stress which is I think why I've been sick for a week now! Don't really want to focus on the stressful things, so here are the things I've been working on lately that have brought a lot of joy!

Since the beginning of the year, I've been in a group called Weigh-N-Pray. It's 20 ladies on a journey of weight loss and accountability and encouragement. It has not been easy, but I have really enjoyed it. I've tried to lose weight many other times in my life, but for some reason, something really stuck this time. I truly sense a change not only in my weight, but in my thoughts about weight. My mindset is totally different. My eating habits have totally changed and my thought processes about food and my relationship with food have changed. It's a good feeling and the result is a loss of 23 pounds so far!

I am also super excited about my 5 year wedding anniversary! It's coming up on April 9th and Alan and I are going on a trip to celebrate! We will go the first week of May to Mexico for a week of relaxing and reconnecting. I'm ready for some time with my man and some time away to (hopefully) turn my brain off and relax!

Well, that's about it for me! Maybe I'll find to update again without a whole month going by!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

ummm...23 pounds?! That's AWESOME!!! Leslie! You deserve a trip to Mexico. Have fun! Miss ya!

Enid said...

Awee girl, you have been rocking that weigh..! I love that! You guys really deserved that away time!

Angie Classen said...

I'm so excited for your weight loss and the upcoming trip! I know you will find the perfect balance in your life. Great job so far!

Dominika said...

Wow! Congratulations on 23 lbs! Have a wonderful trip with your husband, enjoy the peace and quiet!

Jill Hurley said...

Is Weigh n Pray a formal thing or is it just a group of friends? I'd be curious about replicating it if possible.