Saturday, November 21, 2009

Season of Thankfulness

I love this time of year!!! So many things to celebrate and be thankful. I am enjoying all the blog lists and Facebook updates on what people are thankful for. I think I'll make a list of my own. These are in no particular order, just as they pop into my head.

- My husband, Alan. He is such an amazing companion to share this life with! He brings out the best in me and graciously puts up with me when the worst comes out. I am so grateful that God put us together!


- Taylor, my amazing daughter! I'm not sure what life would be like without her. She embraced me as her friend, and as her mom, and has shared her dad with me even though I'm sure that was a lot to ask of a four year old! Five years later, we have a great relationship that is a great mix of love, respect, and friendship.


- Ava Grace. Where to begin?? Ava is such a joy and anyone who has ever met her would say the same. I am thankful for Ava's spirit and the personality that I get to see more and more of everyday. She is at times a challenge for me as a mother, but I'm learning patience and how to (hopefully) be a better mom. Her wit combined with her genius brain amazes me and keeps me laughing every day! I love my Ava!!


- Molly Kate, my sweet little sweetie!! Is there a sweeter baby? MK is the perfect balance to her sister, Ava. She is mellow and peaceful and always so content. She makes my life easy and rich. I am so in awe and excited to see her little personality coming out more and more each day.

- Music. I am rediscovering my love for music. It is no longer a job to me. It is no longer just something I do from time to time. Music is a gift that God has given to me to explore and create and use to glorify Him. God is a creative God and I love tapping into the creative realm where His songs and melodies are waiting for me to discover. Does that sound cheesy? I'm not sure how else to describe this new relationship I have discovered with music.


- My family. Gosh, I love my family. I know I've already talked about my husband and kids, but I'm including my extended family in this one. I am beyond blessed to have the most amazing parents, sisters, brothers, in-laws, nieces and nephews, aunts and uncles, cousins....the list goes on and on. The older I get and the more people I meet, the more I realize that my family is definitely the exception...not the norm!! My uncle put it really well yesterday when he said our holidays were like a Norman Rockwell painting. We all get along and love each other and very rarely have drama. We genuinely love being together. My best friends in life pretty much all are related to me, and I like it that way!


- My church. I am blessed to be a part of an amazing local church. I know God chooses the local church to do a lot for His Kingdom and Church on the Rock is doing amazing things!! I am blessed to be a part of a family of believers who love to give and serve the body of Christ and the lost all around the world. I love the vision of our house and I am thankful that God is moving and having His way at COTR!


- My neighbors. I know that's a little random, but I just came in tonight after visiting outside over a huge barbecue pit with several of my neighbors. We chatted and laughed for over an hour. I am thankful to live on a quiet cul-de-sac full of families and older couples that love kids. My children can play outside and I don't have to worry. I just counted, there are 18 kids on our block of 12 houses! And Alan's sister's family lives on our street, so my kids are literally growing up with their cousins and get to spend lots of time together. We have 2 older widowers, 1 whose wife just passed away a few weeks ago, and I've had some really great conversations with them about life. It's the greatest block I've ever lived on.


- I'm thankful that we are getting out of town for a few days over Thanksgiving! I am looking forward to a little break and a time to reconnect with my family.


I hope you enjoy your holidays. Take some time and think about the things that enrich your life and be THANKFUL!!!

2 comments:

Jenifer Davidson said...

GREAT BLOG! I AM THANKFUL FOR YOU, DEAR FRIEND!

Sarah said...

this is a sweet blog! You are so blessed Leslie. I love the Rich's! We have so much to be thankful for. Hope you have a great thanksgiving.