Saturday, June 20, 2009

To the Dads in my life

Tomorrow is Father's Day, and I have lots of Father's to celebrate! First, I'll start with my dad. He is such a fantastic father. I'm sad I won't get to see him at all tomorrow. He is on vacation with the rest of my family, but I'm sending lots of love his way! As great a dad as he is, I think he's an even greater granddad. My girls are so blessed to have him in their lives! The other day Ava told me to sit down because it was story time. She started telling me a story about two little Indian girls, Running Water and Happy Face. She went into great detail about the day the girls spent at the lake. I realized that this is apparently some ongoing story that my dad tells the girls. He gave them Indian names and makes up stories about them. Ava thinks it's pretty cool, and made up her own story time for me! They sure love their Papa Jack!




Next is my wonderful Pepa! I have posted about him quite a bit lately, and I am just grateful for all the time I get to spend with him! I am so glad that my girls get to spend time with him too. Even though it's hard to see him in such poor health, I know that I will look back one day and treasure these times that we get to spend with him. I know that my girls bring him alot of joy, so I try to visit him as much as I can. Here is the most recent photo of Pepa and the girls!




And finally, my wonderful husband, Alan! One of the first things that I fell in love with was how great of a father he was (is). Alan raised Taylor by himself until we got married when she was four years old. He is such an amazing dad to our three girls!! He just loves them so much and loves spending time with them. He loves to spoil them and he is a cuddler. If it was up to him I think all 3 of them would sleep in our bed every night! He just loves loving on his girls. Alan, thanks for being such a great daddy!

Happy Father's Day!!!

1 comment:

Enid said...

Beautiful Leslie!!