Thursday, July 23, 2009

The New Journey

My life has drastically changed in the last few weeks. I am no longer working at the place I had worked for 10 years. My schedule is completely different than it used to be, but I am adjusting. I have already felt more creative in the last week that I had in the last year! It's a good feeling to know that your life is lived in total trust and obedience to the Lord. I guess it has been all along, but I just realize it more now than before. I am excited about this "new journey" as I am calling it. I feel like I am doing what I should have been doing all along, I have finally just put myself in a place to do it. I won't lie, it is quite a stretch. Living on a budget in lots of new areas! Finances, time, routine.

The part about this change that I knew would come, and I wasn't looking forward to, was the loss. There is a little loss of identity. There is a loss of feeling important and needed. There is a loss of comfortability. All of these things are ok though. I think it's what makes me lean on God all the more. I realize that my identity is more than a "worship leader." I want to learn in this time to be a better mom, a better friend, and a better songwriter. I realize I am still important and needed in different ways. I may not get the weekly recognition and praise of being a "great singer" but my girls certainly think it's great when I change their diapers, or play hopscotch with them, or when we eat dinner at home every night instead of on the run four nights a week!

I don't know what all God has for us in the future, but I know that I can hear His voice and He is trustworthy. I am learning to worship Him in a whole new way. And I am learning that my worship means just as much to Him whether I'm on a stage in front of hundreds of people or in my kitchen dancing and singing with my girls. It's my heart He's after, and I have freely given it to Him.

This is a stretch for me, but I'm going to share a little bit of a song Alan and I have been working on. It is just a reflection of our hearts and our prayers lately.

Lord, won't You take me
To the place You've designed
Fashioned for freedom
From this broken life

Lost in Your presence
Is where I long to be
It's where I find purpose
Where I find my peace

Blessings to you all!!

7 comments:

Enid said...

What a great snippet you are sharing Leslie ...I love it! I wish I can hear you singing it..lol! I am sure is wonderful and is going to blessed many!
I am praying for you, you are His daughter and I am so glad you are doing this timming with your girls now.

The Barnyards said...

Love you, Les! What an amazing heart. I can't wait to hear more songs from you. This will be a sweet season of your life. Praying. :)

lets get together...lovies!

Embracing Grace said...

Thanks for your honesty. You are amazing and I know you are going to appreciate and love this season of your life! I love you and miss you!!!

CONNIE said...

Wow! You are amazing! I can't wait to see what all comes out of this time of your life. What a great example of godliness you are!

Angie Classen said...

It is so exciting to see you following after what God has for you instead of what you have felt perhaps "obligated" to do in the past. When you said that you think it's what you should have done all along, it really spoke to me. I think the same thing in my life many times. Thanks for stepping out and being an encouragement to others who might need a push to do the thing God's called them to do too.

Liz said...

love the song and love you!

Sarah said...

love your song! Can't wait to hear what comes of this new season. Thanks for sharing your heart. I am excited to see what this season will hold for you.