Sunday, February 15, 2009

A constant journey

It is amazing to me the difference that one year can make. I have been reflecting on my own life today and I realize that I have drastically changed over the past year. No one else may ever know or realize it (well, my husband does) but when I think back to the way I thought and some things that I believed a year ago, I can't believe that I am the same person. This is all in a good way! It is just so good to know that I am hearing God really clearly on some things. Isn't that a refreshing feeling? Just having peace as I step out and obey Him, I wouldn't trade that for anything. The crazy thing about it all is that some of the things He is asking me to do are not comfortable for me. I am a girl of comfort! I come home and put on sweats or pajamas everyday because that is how much I like to be comfortable! But being able to step out and trust His voice even when it's stretching me like crazy, it's ok with me. I just love being obedient to Him and having that sense of peace all the while. I know this doesn't make a lot of sense, but it feels good to write it down. This old song is running through my head and it perfectly describes how I feel right now.
Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus
Just to take Him at His Word
Just to rest upon His promise
Just to know "Thus sayeth the Lord."
Jesus, Jesus how I trust You
How I've proved You over and over
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus
Oh for grace to trust You more
The more I step out in faith and trust His leading, the grace to step out even more is always right there. I am so excited to see what God asks me to do next, because it just feels good to be in this place. And I am excited to see how much closer I am in another year or two. Right now I know clearer than I ever have what God has called me to do. I guess I've always known the calling, but God seems to be revealing more of the details. It's like more of the "big picture" has been brought into the light and I'm so ready to tackle it head on! I just want what He wants for me. Nothing more, nothing less.

4 comments:

Enid said...

exciting....!!! Can wait to see what else in on God plans for you! I love the dedication saturday...she is just getting so big!

Sarah said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF_7L9-XGmE


Leslie,

I love hearing your heart! PLEASE listen to this song on youtube. The song is called Where you go I go by Jesus Culture. Have you heard it? I am going through similar circumstances and this song is very encouraging. :) Love ya!

SimplySalazars said...

Leslie, what a wonderful and restful place to be. I love knowing what's going on with you. I miss you so much!! Love ya!!

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness. Did you take my new bff Sarah's advice and listen to that song???

Cause I did!

A-MA-ZING! (I hadn't heard that song before-but went and got the album from itunes just a minute ago! Love it!!!)

Why? Cause it's Jesus Culture/Kim Walker...my new favorite music of the moment. mmhmmmmm- did you take MY advice from my last blog about Kim Walker music??

Moral of the story- ALWAYS listen to Jenn...she knows all.

Ok but for real- FANTASTIC post. And so true. God has GREAT things planned for you Leslie Rich! And I'm so excited about the season you are in and getting to discover that!!!!


hmmmm...maybe you should do an album with Kim Walker......